View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glamhoth

re: Thanks Blizzard!

DW 1h Fury Warriors! Just what I need more competition for weapons. On the the bright side they are going to make more slow 1h tanking weapon... wth Blood is now going to be the tank tree why would it need slow 1 handed tank weapons?
Khaiman1

prolly to have dif tanking styles, im sure frost will still be some what good for tanking in cata, its still to early to know. I do like the one hand fury spec for warriors thou. Thats what i lvled as till i got titan's grip and some arms talents at 68 to make that spec work in dungeons.
Dybbs

Assuming they are going to make Blood the tanking tree the talents will be completely revamped. They also said they are going to rearrange the talent trees to more allow for a blood tanking tree. therefore my theory is they are goign to move the dw talents lower(threat of tharassian) on the frost tree to allow access to it from a deep blood spec. this should allow for a dual wield dk tank.

the reason for heavy hitters is most of dk damage is based on weapon damage. fast weapons have low weapon damage therefore the threat generated by dual wield isnt as favorable as it should be. Pre-tot nerf we had a 4x(6x w/ death runes) chance to proc rime and get a free hb every rune rotation. That is why DPS weapons were better for dual wield tanking threat wise, but at a severe hit on stamina. But since the nerf they increased icy touch threat so thereby almost negating the nerf.

Im fairly certgain were going to see a death and decay talent (moved from unholy) and a blood boil talent that will increase the threat dealt (that is IF they want to keep dk's on par with aoe threat and not just single target) or damage dealt.

I definately don tthink the sky is falling for dk's its just a big change. i do not, however, like being forced to pick blood for tanking seeing how the norm has been thusfar frost. that is what i'm used to. but only time will tell how these changes will affect dk's for better or worse. im anxsious to see it.

...who DI'd me?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Immortals Forum Index -> Class Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: